Cross-border E-commerce and Tmall Global
According to iResearch, China Cross-border e-commerce retail import transaction reached US$18 billion in 2015, a 112% growth over the previous year . Tmall dominates B2C e-commerce accounting for 58% market share in 2015.
Tmall Global (www.tmall.hk) is a e-commerce solution that enables companies based outside China to directly advertise and sell to hundreds of millions of Chinese consumers. Overseas companies without China business licenses are eligible to apply to Tmall Global.
Why Sell on Tmall Global
- Hassle-free e-commerce: Fast tract to China’s retail market using home country business license and trademark registration.
- Low custom duty: Bonded warehouse model to enable faster customer clearance, shortened delivery time and lower customs duties and taxes.
- Easy payment solution: Alipay cross-border payment solution, collecting local currency directly.
- Huge market: Access to hundreds of millions of active consumers and expertise on the Chinese market landscape.
How Does Tmall Global Work
The diagram below shows the workflow of an order and details in the system where each task is handled or recorded.
4 Types of Tmall Global Store
What Is Cainiao
Cainiao Network is Alibaba’s logistic platform that provides warehousing and shipping service to merchants on Tmall. It operates bonded warehouse within 5 FTZ (Free Trade Zone) in China and warehouses in the US, Europe, Australia, Japan, Korea and Taiwan. Cainiao supports two operating models:
What Services Do We Provide
E-commerce Planing & Consulting
- E-commerce data analysis
- Competitors analysis, e-commerce marketing channel analysis
- E-commerce strategy
- Brand positioning & product positioning
- Visual design & creation for Tmall Global store
Store Application, Set Up & Creation
- Preparation & submission of relevant documents for Tmall application
- Products selection & merchandising
- Photo-shooting, retouching & editing
- Tmall Global store webpages design and creation
- Content management: day-to-day management of general content and product specific content
- Merchandising: product catalogue maintenance, updates, inventory, pricing and order tracking/forwarding
- Reporting: web traffic, order and sales
- Optimization: performance monitoring, KPI and optimization
Marketing & Promotion
- Market analysis & marketing channel/budget recommendation
- Tmall-specific campaign management
- Paid advertising management
- Marketing campaign & promotion: traffic, conversion, order and sales
- Pre-sale and after sale via chat app Aliwangwang
- Social media channel via forums and other channels
- Training session for customer service team
How Much Does It Cost
Why Do You Need Us
- Advangent is a UK registered agency that specializes in helping Western client set up e-commerce and digital marketing operation for China
- We provides full managing team for end-to-end e-commerce service including setup, operation/management and marketing
- We partner with all major e-marketplaces in China including Tmall, Taobao, JD, Vip, YHD and etc.
- We work with both international and domestic clients, including brand owners, whole-sellers, distributors, franchises and etc.
- Our China e-commerce team is professionally trained and possesses local knowledge, expertise and many years of experience in e-commerce
- 2012: Selected as Top 5 TP for food category
- 2013: Chosen for the first “Jingdong Bang” service provider
- 2014: Invited to join Tmall Global service as one of the first Tmall Global service partners
- 2015: Listed on E-expertise Bank database with UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) as an official business partner